Quinoa Tabouleh Recipe
Education and Advocacy A refreshing side dish that compliments either fish, chicken, lamb or beef with both its colour and minty flavor that serves eight.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped mint or 3 tablespoons dried
- 2 cups parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup green onions, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and drain quinoa. Place quinoa, water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Cover pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil and lemon juice adding salt and pepper to taste. Add all of the vegetables and toss well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add cooled quinoa and toss again until well combined.
- Serve at room temperature.