Healthy Vision Recipe: Turkey And Mango Orange Pepper Boats
Prevention and Treatment Cooking your way to better eyesight.
e all want the benefits of eating healthy, but who wants to eat raw carrots for better eyesight? These turkey and mango orange pepper boats are a great snack or h’orderve to eat your way to better eyesight! Including orange peppers in your diet helps nourish your macula and protect your eyes from blue light. Orange peppers are an excellent source of lutein and zeaxanthin and this dish is a delicious way to get those nutrients!
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast or 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (170g or 6 oz)
- 1 tbsp canola oil or olive oil
- 1 cup shelled edamame or frozen peas, thawed.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 orange peppers, seeds removed, cut in quarters
- Salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Heat oil in a sauté pan. Cook turkey or chicken breast on med-high heat until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Bring frozen, shelled edamame to a boil. Remove from heat as soon as edamame float to the top of the water. Drain and cool.
- Mix edamame, green onion, mango, cashews, and parsley in a bowl. Add cooked turkey and mix ingredients together. (This mixture can be made the day before or up to one hour prior and stored in the refrigerator.)
- Mix all ingredients of dressing together in a small bowl or jar. Add to the turkey mixture.
- Spoon into pepper halves and top with chopped cashews.
Source: Cooking with Eyefoods: Recipes to Protect Your Eyes From Blue Light