Facts About Acupuncture
Prevention and Treatment Did you know that acupuncture is a safe and effective practice during pregnancy?
- Acupuncture decreases side effects associated with IVF.
- Patients self-report reduced bloating and discomfort during IVF treatment.
- Improves blood flow to the uterus and reduces miscarriage rates.
- A study on live birth rates after IVF showed that the acupuncture group had a take home baby rate of 41% as compared to the non-acupuncture group rate of 19.4%
- Increases sperm count and motility.
- Motility and count improved in 67.6% of men who received acupuncture. The results were even better, at 84.6% for men who had a combination of acupuncture and herbal medicine.
- May improve IVF success rates.
- An international study found that in clinics with lower success rates, acupuncture showed a significant increase in pregnancy rates.
By: Dr. Judith Fiore