Gluten-Free Double Fudge Brownie Recipe
Education and Advocacy There's no beans about it — this mouth-watering brownie recipe takes the cake! Makes 12 generous pieces — sharing is optional.
This recipe comes from a funny story as I was trying to convince my best friend, Anne that black beans could be used in a chocolate muffin or baked good recipe. It made sense to me... I was determined this could happen. Well...wow here is one of my favourite, double chocolate recipes to date! This recipe has been tested on teenage girls and boys. The verdict: amazing!
1 can of black beans 540 millilitre — rinsed
1⁄2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1⁄2 cup of butter or coconut oil
3⁄4 cup of Sucanat
1⁄2 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon of baking soda
2/3 cup of walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add all ingredients, except walnuts, to a food processor and puree.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Add brownie batter to a pre-greased 7x7
inch baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with melted dark chocolate, fresh mango and coconut milk ice cream.
- Easy to make
- High in protein and fibre
- No added refined sugars